Just Go Green by diving into it firmly!
- The power used by equipment in standby mode can account for more than 10 per cent of household energy use! By switching off our televisions, DVD players, stereos, and computers at the wall or using Energy Star products, we can save energy. But we forget to switch off 60 per cent of the time!
- Bring home the Spider Plant, ferns, ivy, Chrysanthemums for the living room, bathroom etc. to clear up indoor pollution.
- Say no to carpets. They lure dust mites and grime and encourage asthma and allergies.
- When shopping look for labels such as: Environmental Choice and the Forest Stewardship Council trademark.
- Energy Star home electronics use about 75 per cent less energy than standard products when in sleep mode.
- They switch to sleep mode when not in use and the Energy Star logo is awarded to energy efficient home electronics and office equipment.
Ends: Reader’s Digest