- L’Oreal India Pvt Ltd. (L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo) irked the ASCI which found the claim about pure clay enriching shampoo to be a rather strange claim with no scientific evidence to prove it!
- the company also made reckless claims about this shampoo keeping hair fresh for up to 72 hours!
- The ASCI also banned the ad for the L’Oreal India P. Ltd. (Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water): The advertisement with celebrity Alia Bhat claimed, “Makeup off in just one swipe,” which was not substantiated. The claim is misleading by exaggeration, and is likely to lead to grave or widespread disappointment in the minds of consumers.
- Buy Happy Marketing LLP (VIP Natural Hair Colour Shampoo): The advertisement shows how celebrity Vivek Oberoi applying the product with his bare hands, says this shampoo does not need gloves. It can just be applied to white hair to blacken it in 15 minutes! But no scientific tests were done to prove this claim.
- Even more dangerous is Vivek Oberoi’s reckless claim of its “5 in 1 benefit i.e. application on head, moustache, beard, chest and hand” was not substantiated with any safety test reports. The advertisement seems to be encouraging unsafe practices among buyers, the ASCI said and banned it.