Grim notes from Gardens!
If we worry about the planet here are some facts to consider:
- A two-stroke lawn mower can produce as much pollution as 40 cars!
- Bonfires should be given a good kick. They release CO2 and pollute the air in many ways. Instead, we can compost our garden waste, says Joanna Yarrow in her book How To Reduce Your Carbon Footprint.
- Even if we use the average patio heater for two hours, it produces as much CO2 as a car does in an average day, warns the author!
- Spend more time with nature and shop less, says the planet to us in various ways every single day!
- To begin with, introduce your garden to bamboo! Plant some bamboo and it will give you mysterious, amazing riches! It stores more CO2 and generates 35 per cent more oxygen than an equivalent area of trees!
Shop Less! I just squash down on my handbag and save my coins! Instead I spend time to apply Calendula on these little hot spots so they begin to heal!