If roaches are troubling you these tips may help, from Dr. Myles H. Bader in his book The Buggy Professor’s Club the Bugs & Scare the Critters!
- take half a pound of borax, 30 ounces of powdered sugar, half ounce cocoa powder, one ounce of sodium chloride. Place all ingredients into a medium plastic container and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle this poison around the area where roaches come. Keep away from pets and kids.
- Bay leaves, cucumber also help. Cucumber peelings work very well. Place them around the roach area.
- Put liquid soap one tablespoon in one quart of water then put in a bottle and spray over the roaches. They will die.
- Place a small shallow bowl with equal parts of baking soda and powdered sugar around the area. Keep away from pets and kids.
- Place two slices of bread in a can soaked with beer. The roaches will climb in and die. Then throw it away.
- Sprinkle boric acid down any cracks or crevices. They will die.