Make your own Vodka and Herbal Breath freshener!
- Steep any combination of these herbs in vodka! You can put upto several ounces of herbs per pint of vodka in a wide mouthed jar with a screw-on lid. You can choose eucalyptus, rosemary and spearmint. Cardamom has a nice flavor but it is expensive, says James A. Duke in his book The Green Pharmacy.
- Just leave the herbs in the vodka and let it steep indefinitely, he says. If you are making it for a friend you can strain out the herbs so it becomes nice and clear. But he likes to see the herbs floating around in his bottle of mouthwash!
- Parsley too is a great breath freshener. Munch some parsley after meals to be rid of bad breath.
- Anise too is a good mouth washer.
- You can try ginger, spearmint, nutmeg, lavender, basil, cinnamon, turmeric, lemon leaf and fennel.
- Peppermint tea is very good to fight halitosis.
- Cloves also freshen the breath. Add several tablespoons to about a pint of vodka and steep for a few days to make a delicious mouthwash. Or brew a tea, says this writer.
From: The Green Pharmacy by James A. Duke, PH.D.