When you walk for the planet you also walk for yourself with endless benefits for both sides.
Here are some huge health benefits that come from walking as much as possible!
- A long walk keeps a coronary heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure further away from you!
- It lowers blood pressure.
- It reduces high cholesterol.
- It reduces body fat!
- You feel an inner peace as you walk and observe life and nature around you.
- Walking increases bone density, and helps to prevent osteoarthritis.
- It reduces the risk of cancer of the colon.
- It reduces the risk of non insulin dependent diabetes.
- It helps to control body weight.
- It helps osteoarthritis.
- It helps flexibility and co-ordination hence reducing the risk of falls!
With most car journeys causing you to be stuck in endless traffic jams, the hassle of finding parking space, paying for it, a walk will take you quicker to your destination without polluting the atmosphere or paying for the journey!
The best gift is that walking one mile can burn at least 100 kcal. Walking two miles a day, three times a week, can help reduce weight by a pound every three weeks. So a good long walk can keep you trim and slim and the planet will thank you for keeping it a little bit cleaner and brighter!