The layers of a Green day
- Remember that recycling one ton of office paper saves seventeen trees!
- To save energy: it takes 60 per cent less energy to manufacture paper from recycled stock than from virgin materials: every ton of recycled paper saves 4,200 kilowatts of energy, enough to meet the energy needs of at least 4000 people!
- Use less paper. Avoid making copies of everything.
- Use both sides of the page when you’re making rough drafts of documents or letters.
- Recycle your own waste paper internally into message pads and internal memos, and take waste office paper home to use as a scratch pad!
- From: Save our planet by Diane MacEachern.